10:33 PM

The Keyboard Is Acting Funny

In Germany (see http://www.mattiz.blogspot.com) I found that the computer keyboards were not the ordinary types we used back home and did not follow the "qwerty" pattern.
Instead the english letters were scattered all over the keyboard and I had to relearn my typing skills once again to operate the comps. And in addition to the English letters these keyboards featured funny letters with dots on them and odd keys like the greek "beta".
The software on the comps at Kuwait too posed problems initially.
Arabic is written from right to left.
When I tried to do a copy paste on an English paragraph using what I presumed to be the customized Arabic version of Microsoft Word, I found that I had to do the selection from bottom left to top right!
Initially everthing was an experiment of sorts till I became used to things.

0 HITCHHIKERS: